Friday, August 25, 2006

The past few days...Ups and Downs

Yes, it too has hit me. I have had this nasty cold for the past 3 days. But, alas, it will not prevail! I get sick once in a millennium, thankfully, and I think I am on the downhill slope of it. I haven't gone to the doctor yet, because the marvels of DayQuill and Tylenol Cold and Flu Nighttime seem to be doing great work. Fight the good fight glorious over-the-counter meds!
In other breaking news, Nick and I have new neighbors. I met the wife Tuesday, and Nick and I introduced ourselves to the husband last night (they were both mowing the lawn). They are young - late twenties - moved from Miami last year and this is their first house. I am excited. They seem very nice and quite. AND they have a nine month old Basset Hound!! As you know this is my favorite dog - the same dog that Nick has shunned and refuses to have as a pet. So maybe every once in a while I can get my basset fix. :)
Tomorrow is the High School Beach trip. We are going to Ft. Desoto for some fun in the sun. It will probably be the last time this year. School is starting back up for me next week, and the dreaded red tide is creeping up the coast as we speak. We have a few additions to our HS youth group from last year's 8th grade class. It's a good core group of 4 girls. I am thankful for that. We lost two seniors, but have gained 4 freshmen. I hope that they continue to come and be filled with God's love. The older kids are really good with accepting and including others, so the transition has been nice. Pray that we have a great event!
Well, I guess that's about it for now. I'll post again later~ Have a great weekend!

No comments: