Friday, June 09, 2006

VBS Update, and Insights from Life's Friction

Things are beginning to wind down on the VBS front! Yea! I am so proud of my husband. Only the Lord knows how he made it through. He has certainly been equipped with amazing talents (though he would never admit it or take any credit).

Looking around at the people in my life leads me to think of a conversation I had with my sister yesterday. She said, "People are different, Candace." and I said, "Yes they are, Courtney, and there's The God who made us and loves us all just the same." Each person that I know and love has been made very different and unique. I am very thankful for that....most of the time :). Nick and I, as you all know, are very different, but I tell you, God certainly knew what he was doing when he brought us together. He knows how to calm me down (after he has pressed all my buttons!)and he always gives me something to think about. He is the greatest listener anyone could hope to find, which is great for a talker such as myself.

You know, it's life's friction that helps us to grow. That darn "pruning" can be painful, though, but, in the end, I want to yield good fruit, so I better roll with the punches, right?

O.K. Enough of the deep thinking stuff.....Peety (I named the parrot from two entries ago) is no where to be found. He has either found another back yard to perch in, or he is now in that big margaritaville in the sky. Either way, all the best to you Peety, all the best.....

No comments: