Friday, June 09, 2006

All about Charles..........


First of all you must be thinking.....two posts in one day!!!???!!! I know, I'm full of surprises. But I thought I needed to write about the other man in my life. :)

First of all he goes by Many different names. Some are not appropriate to publish, but here are a few:
Noogs/Noogsy
Woody
My boy
Woonin

You would think that all theses names would confuse the poor fellow, but that's the great thing about animals - as long as you talk to them in that high-pitched pet talk, they will answer to just about anything. It's a proven fact, I've had pets my whole life, and I've never called them by their "given" name. They still come when you call them, though.

He is certainly something else, pets are just too fun. Everyone should have one for entertainment purposes. Here are some of his quirks.....
*He's a food slinger. I don't understand how something that small can make such a mess with dried food! Here's how it all plays out. I put the food in his bowl and he stares at me........like I'm going to give him something else. Hello, you've been getting the same food for the past 623 days. Don't look so shocked! Seriously. Then he proceeds to eat his food. After he begins chowing down, he starts purring and realizes how much he really does like the food. So he eats, and shakes his head. This causes bits of food to scatter across the floor, on the wall by his bowl, and in his water dish dirtying up his water. I've never seen anything quite like it. The wall behind his bowl looks like abstract art. Which gets me thinking - maybe I can just start hanging pieces of paper back there and sell the "art" on E-bay making millions. Hey, they did it with monkeys and elephants, why not a domestic tabby cat?
*He is not a lap cat, but is very affectionate....go figure. He would not stay in your lap if his life depended on it, but he will let you pet him all day long.
*He seems to be frightened of beds. If you try to put him on one, he immediately jumps off and runs out of the room. He's nuts.
*He can sit in the middle of an ant hill and not get eaten alive. This, to me, has to be the eighth wonder of the world. Cats must be immune to ants. I never knew that, did you?
*He knows just how to piss off Nick (this is the most entertaining thing of all)! Have you ever seen a grown man yell at a cat? It's pretty hilarious.

I could go on and on, but I suppose you have better things to do with your day than read about my weird cat. Hope it gave you a few chuckles, anyway. If it didn't and you are a visual person, feel free to drop by our house anytime for free amusement!

No comments: