Sunday, March 06, 2011

Eventful

That describes our last few weeks.
I turned the big 29, so I guess I'll be holding for a few years. :) I still can't believe that this is my last year in my 20's. Where has the time gone? I still feel sometimes like I am just starting out. It's odd also to think that I am in my 9th year of marriage. Really?! I still love him more than ever, and would still choose him every time. He did a great job for my birthday. We had a great night out to dinner at Bone Fish - the food was AWESOME. And, he also got me a Kindle. I didn't know how I'd like it at first, but I really really like it. I've already read my first book and started my second. I can read while I am working out on the eliptical, and it will come in really handy the next time I'm nursing. (No, this is not my way of saying I am pregnant! :))
Thanks for a great birthday, Nick!

The sad news I have to report is that my sweet girl Bella died at home in the morning a week after my birthday. The sickness and physical ailments finally caught up with her. I still miss her a lot. My lap and/or the spot beside me is now empty. My shadow is gone. It's always hard losing a pet. We still have Charles, but he is all boy, and doesn't cuddle like she did. I have been around a lot of cats in my life, and she was by far the most loving. I'm thankful for the time I had with her, even though her life was short. She was 3 years old.

In happier news, we have been able to spend lots of time with our friends and their little ones lately. Here are some fun shots. What a blessing it is to have such good friends.





Natalie Shea is coming into her own. She wants to do EVERYTHING by herself and throws a fit if you try to help in any way. She has moments where only she can sing a song. She loves to wear "pretty dresses", and likes to choose which one she wears. So fun. She is also really into Play Doh right now. We got her some for Valentine's day, and she has spent many hours entertained. Tonight was a bittersweet night. She is growning up so fast! We spent the day moving all of her things and setting up her new room and "big girl bed". So far so good. She really loved getting everything set up and playing on her new bed. Here are the finished shots and some recent picutes of Natalie.











2 comments:

JeJe said...

This was a Sappy post Candace Shea. I was smiling big at times and teary-eyed at others. Poor, sweet, Bella.... Natalie's room looks very sweet. You know owls will forever remind me of Chandler, and I love that. Your little girl is changing and growing. Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful new room for Natalie! She is such a smiling girl now.
I'm sorry to hear about Bella.

The thirites are a wonderful decade, embrace it with anticipation and wonder!
Have a great time in Colorado.
Love you,
Tami