Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ball!

Natalie has had quite a fun time playing with this mini soccer ball Nick had taken to Guatemala. This video tells it all:

And what's more fun than a ball? A ball and a pair of daddy's boxers. (Don't worry, they were clean :)) She drug them around, flicked them over her head, and generally had a fabulous time. Crazy girl. :)
She has been crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything. She loves to crawl over our legs, pillows, you name it.
She laughs and smiles, and this week she started pointing to things. She can also identify my nose and my mouth. She grabs my nose or my mouth when I say, "Natalie, where's mommy's nose/mouth?" It is SO cute. We are still working on eyes and ears.
On Monday, she had her 9 month check up. She was 18lbs 15oz (50th %), and 28 1/2 inches long (80th %). Poor thing got the first round of her flu shots and had her blood drawn. She has to go back in a month for the second shot and another blood draw. Her iron level was a little low, so we have to give her a supplement twice a day. He said it was normal as she took in less milk and increased her solid food intake, so it's nothing to worry about.
Unfortunately, we were back to the doctor again today because she broke out in a nasty rash, some of which is blistering. :( We knew what it was, but just wanted confirmation and to see when she could return to the sitter. It's Hands, Foot, and Mouth disease. Another little boy at the sitter had it last week, so we've been watching for it since it is apparently a highly contagious. Obviously. Fortunately, she never ran a fever nor lost her appetite, and she doesn't act like she is in pain. The pediatrician said that this year's strain is really mild, so we are thankful.
Her hair is still totally wild, but it is getting longer. No sign of any more new teeth, but the six she has are fully in.
You know I just can't get enough pictures of her. :)





Last weekend we went and enjoyed celebrating our friend Hannah's first birthday. Aiden and Isabel were there too, so we tried to get them all together for a picture. Well, you can imagine how successful getting 4 kids ranging from 9mos to 2 1/2 years together for a picture turned out. Here are the best shots we could snap.




We also want to give aunt nee nee (Courtney) a great big congratulations! She graduated with honors from TSTC (Texas State Technical College) in Waco this past weekend with a degree in Digital Media Design. She is SUCH a talented artist. The company that hires her will be very lucky indeed. She has moved to Austin and is currently hunting for a job. We're praying for you! We also miss you and love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh!!! Absolutely adorable. This certainly made me smile ear to ear.
I hope she recovers quickly from that nasty stuff.
Love you bunches,
JeJe

Anonymous said...

I love you Angel Baby! And I LOVE this blog!
Auntie Jo

Elaine said...

I need to get to see you again my little peanut! I can't believe how much you have changed in just the couple weeks since I saw you!! Love you bunches! Lala

Christy said...

Awwwww! So cute :) I remember trying to corral little ones together to get a picture - yeesh. But I love that sofa shot where everybody's going in different directions. Ha!

The Daily Planet said...

YAY! Candace, I'm so glad to know where the Teddy Bear Bible came from! We have asked and asked and no one knew who sent it, haha! Thank y'all so much...it's definitely a favorite in our house!

Miss Natalie is getting so big, and SO cute!! Hope things are going well for y'all!

Kristin said...

Oops...I wasn't paying attention and Brice was still logged on when I posted that comment! :)