Friday, November 07, 2008

Still living the high life

We just got back from our doctor's appointment, and Miss Natalie Shea is still sitting high. She really hasn't dropped at all. I guess I have made such a good home for her that she has no desire to leave it! She seems to be such a mellow baby, and I hope that remains once she comes into the world.
I still want her to come out on her own, but the doctor went ahead and set up an appointment for me to be induced - he says the risks of letting me go longer are greater than the risks of inducing. I will go in on Monday evening at 6:00pm, and then be induced sometime on Tuesday morning. So, no matter what, it looks like she'll arrive by November 11th.
It still hasn't really hit me. I came to work again today just like every day for the past 9 months. It just doesn't seem real that this is my last day of work in 2008! It will definitely be a nice break from the office, but I already know it will be SO hard to come back. But I know I have to, and the bank account will be begging me to by then anyway. Boo for unpaid maternity leave!
Anywho, that's about all I know. I'll be heading to the grocery store after work since our frig is bare, and then it's home to wait and wait some more!

Lastly, congrats to our friends Greg and Elizabeth on the birth of their first child, a son, Theodore Williams Prauner born November 4th!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I know you really don't want to induce, but it was such a breeze for us...now I wouldn't do it any other way! :) Enjoy your last weekend as a family of 2. We will be in constant prayer for you Monday and Tuesday!! Please keep us update!!

Shaunna said...

I had a great expereince being induced too! It went really fast and I only pushed 2 or 3 times before Addi arrived!

Praying everything goes well!!