Monday, November 03, 2008

Living like each day could be your last

It's just a bizarre concept going from day to day wondering...could today be the day? Nick and I have decided that we are still in state of denial that this life altering event is going to happen..and soon. I have still been feeling good, so day to day life keeps going on as usual without the hint of the inevitable rapidly approaching - clean the house and do laundry on Saturday, church and youth on Sunday. Back to the old grindstone on Monday! It's just strange to think that sometime within the next week I will be in the hospital with a baby in my arms and my life changed forever. We do have the bags packed for the hospital, and I did stock up on toilet paper and paper towels yesterday.:)The room and baby paraphernalia have long since been washed, organized, and taken care of, so I guess we aren't completely in denial.
It is also strange (but awesome!) to think that no matter what, this will be my last Monday at work in 2008! My doctor will not let me go over a week past due and told me at my appointment on Friday that if I did not have her this week, he would schedule me to come in on the night of the 10th (next Monday) to prep me to be induced on the 11th. I figure I would take next Monday (if it come to that) and rest before going to the hospital that evening. I would really prefer things to happen on their own accord, so please pray that Natalie would decide to join us before that time. :)
In other news, I neglected to mention that a week ago the ladies that I manage threw me a surprise baby shower at work. It was really nice and they did a fabulous job! I was clueless until the end. It was so much fun....I have never had a surprise anything like that before. They even got Nick in on it, and he came up for it. Instead of a cake, they had made cupcakes and then spelled out Natalie's name on the goodie table. I thought that was such a neat idea! We were blessed primarily with lots of clothes - which we really needed, so that was wonderful.
And, speaking of showers, my good friend from high school who had a sweet little girl in September - Emma Ann - called me and said she and her mom were going to throw a baby shower in Texas, minus me. My mom is going to drive down and open gifts and enjoy the day. I am glad she will get to do that. They are having it on the 15th, so she will be able to take some pictures of her new granddaughter with her to show everyone. :) That was sure sweet of them to do, and I hope my mom has a great time!
It's a big week this week. My Grammie (mom's mom) turns 89 today! And Happiest Anniversary wishes to Gary and Nadine (Nick's mom and dad) on celebrating 30 years of marriage tomorrow! The tile is supposed to come in either today or tomorrow, and then they will come and put it up tomorrow or Wednesday!

3 comments:

Shaunna said...

Yes, your lives are definitely about to change- In the BEST way possible! Hoping these last days of your pregnancy don't drag by too slowly (The last week of my pregnancy seemed like the absolute longest week of my life!!)Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet Natalie!

Christy said...

It's so funny - I remember that odd feeling, only it's pretty vague by now, of knowing that change was inevitable. But it is good change...and just when you think it's *never* going to happen, it does.
How nice to have friends throwing showers! And what a blessing it is to know that, because you and Nick are so well-loved, this sweet new person is too. And she is well-provided for :)

Jamie Lynn said...

I'm so, so, so excited for you guys! Make Nick promise to post pictures of sweet Natalie when things calm down (not the same day, take some time to enjoy as a family of 3 before you involve all the extendeblog family!)