Monday, July 23, 2007

Bragging......

Yeah, just wanted to say I have the best husband ever!!!

He sent me flowers today at work......for no reason. :) Even the tightest of tight-wads like myself enjoy the surprise and joy of getting flowers for no reason. AND he got me daisys so they should last a long time.

Continuing on, we are going to be re-vamping our bathrooms shortly!!! Yea! I have been waiting patiently, and it is almost here! Saturday we went and picked out what we wanted for both bathrooms, and priced some things. Turns out, it is going to be less expensive that I had origionally thought. Bonus. I primed the hall bathroom, and plan on painting tonight - sage green, thanks for asking (it was a light and navy blue "under the sea" theme - I described it as looking like a children's coloring book- not too pretty). I've got to get the painting taken care of before the cabnits and countertops come in - don't want to get paint drippings on the new stuff. I will try to post some before and after pictures when everything is finished (may be a month or so).

Family news.....Mom, Dad, and Courtney all arrived safely back in Texas - Praise God! and God willing she will now begin her long road to healing and getting her life put back together. Keep praying!!

Knitting news... I have completed the back and the front left panal of the baby sweater I am attempting to knit. I am getting a little bit faster, but I am still pretty slow. At least my stitches appear to be even. My first project (a little hat) wasn't completely horrible (but far from gift worthy), and best of all, I learned a few things from it, so that's the important thing.

The LCMS NYG is this weekend in Orlando! All the hard work and planning will finally come to fruition. I pray that the kids have a wonderful, faith building, friendship making, inspiring time! Keep us all in your prayers! We are leaving Friday evening and having a night of fun at (appropriatly) Fun Spot before the gathering starts on Saturday afternoon. I've never been go-carting before, so I'm sure that will be an experience!

All in all, this has started out to be a fabulous week! Hope yours is going just as well!

3 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

Hey there Candace! Sorry I didn't get to say 'hi' at the NYG extravaganza but your oh-so-wonderful husband was supposed to say 'hi' to you for me. Anyway, hope things are going well for you guys :) Talk to you soon!

Dutch not German is said...

Nick...bought you flowers...I take back every mean thing I said about his ability to be romantic.

Jo said...

There are loads of simple, free, sock patterns online. I'd be happy to hunt one down for you! Julianna also knows how to do socks, so if you get stuck, you can go to her for help. :) I'm at work at the moment, but I can send a link your way when I get home.