Saturday, December 13, 2008

One Month Old Already!

How the time flies. Our little Natalie Shea is already a month old! I can hardly believe it. She is growing and changing every day. On her one month birthday, we graduated up to size 1 diapers. Before long she'll be out of her newborn clothing and on to her 0-3 month wear. It's so sad that she can only wear the cute little outfits for such a short period of time. The only that makes it a little better is that there are more cute things to grow into. :)
For the most part Natalie is doing well. She has her moments and her days, but don't we all? I know I do! She has been spoiling mommy with regular sleep patterns this week. Every night she sleeps about 3 1/2 hours to 4 1/2 hours at night after settling down around midnight. Daddy stays up with her until she settles down since 1)He is a night owl to begin with, and 2) He doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night to tend with her.
She now has "old man hair". It is pretty hilarious. Most all babies develop some form of old man hair, but Natalie’s is extra odd. Usually, you will see a bald spot on the backs of their heads from where they lay down, but she has gone completely bald on top! How in the world does that happen? Poor thing. It looks like someone just shaved the top of her head and she has a VERY bad receding hairline. She is still beautiful despite that, and I'm sure it will grow back eventually.:)
Nursing is still going well. We are old pros by now. Praise the Lord. It is such a gift from Him on so many levels.
I can hardly believe that Christmas is only about a week and a half away! I have done very little Christmas shopping. Babies have a way of foiling your best laid plans and making you slower than slow with getting anything done. For an achiever like me, this wrecks havoc. I've been ok for the most part just trying to roll with the flow, but some times I do get frustrated when a whole day passes and I have next to nothing to show for it. Oh well.
Well, with out further a do, I give you more pictures. These were taken on her one month birthday, December 11. Have a great week! Only 12 shopping days left till Christmas. Oh. My. Gosh.



No comments: