Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Newness

Seems like every so often something changes - sometimes good, other times bad. I have a good change that has manifested itself in my life. I have been blessed with a job promotion. It's pretty exciting. I'm not sure what to do with myself. My boss got back from vacation today, so now the fun can begin.

Now with the good news there has only been a little bit of bad news. I have had to fight with the IT department. It's always a pain trying to get everything set up and access to the appropriate applications. I now have a phone that works, access to a certain file folder that I need, a computer, and printer access. However, I am still waiting patiently for my software. You would think that they would be in somewhat of a hurry to supply people with access to programs that are essential to doing their jobs, but apparently not. It's been over a week. So I called, and they said it would be soon. I said soon as in a couple days, or soon as in a couple of hours?

Anyway, it will come, and things will be fine. I am not too overwhelmed yet, and I think that this is something I am really going to enjoy. God is a giver, and I am thankful. Do you ever feel guilty that you have more than your fair share of blessings? I do. But then again, I'm Lutheran and we are bread to feel guilty! :)

All I can do is try to use wisely what he has given to me. The other day, I decided to define the purpose of my life and this is what I came up with to inspire and motivate my everyday:
"My purpose in life is to learn and implement God's will for me, to be a good steward of the gifts He has given to me, and reflect Christ's love to others around me."

It's like writing down goals. It just feels good. Makes me keep in mind why I'm here.

2 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

Hey Candace! What a blessing to get a promotion-- congrats! I just wanted to apologize for going off like I did on Ft Wayne pastors. I in no way meant that ALL FWPs are bad, in fact it's just the handful that ruins it for the rest of them. So I do apologize from the bottom of my heart.

I'll be back in Florida-land shortly after Thanksgiving to stay with Jules before my fam gets there so we'll be sure to all go to dinner sometime. Later!

lubke-moss said...

Jamie, you are ridiculous! I haven't given any thought to the FWP discussion. Because in fact, I do agree.

It's all good. That sounds awesome about Thanksgiving. I think we are going up to visit Dave and Sonya for the holiday, but we should be back the Sunday after TG. Definitely let us know and we will have that dinner! :)